BuyEast discovers the ultimate coffee spots.
Whether you are on the way to work, just dropped the kids off at school, or need a pick-me-up from all the open for inspections… coffee in the Eastern Suburbs seems to be the order of the day.
Latte, cappuccino, short black, soy milk, almond milk, or otherwise, in a take-away cup is a common phenomenon of the East. But often we hear where can I find “a good coffee”. We at BuyEast, love to buy property and we also love “good coffee”. Whilst we are zipping through from Maroubra to Vaucluse we think we have discovered some coffee gems!
1. VAUCLUSE, Rocco’s - or Il Dolce Dell'Amore as it is officially named, but the locals call it by the big personality owners name, Rocco. Not too mild, no horrible aftertaste. Rocco’s café has brought life people and even traffic to Vaucluse shops. The coffee is always at a perfect temperature. You will often find local mums, retired couples, lots of dogs especially the designer “oodle” kind and even a real estate agent or two dropping by for the perfect pick me up. Love their fine china too!
2. BONDI BEACH, Organic Republic Bakery or La Piadina– there is a divide between these two excellent coffee places. "The organic republic" is Jam-packed on the weekend with local Hipsers & yippies throwing back a latte and an organic spelt scone. During the week you will find tradies washing down their sausage roll with a perfect macchiato! And more mums after school drop off enjoying a quick catch up with friends. The coffee is perfect, the milk is organic, and as an added bonus the baked goods are to die for. "La Piadina" has the Italiano flair with the occasional celebrity sighting and their amazing flat bread Piadina specialty to add to the coffee buzz.
3. SOUTH BONDI, Panama House - Not necessarily known for its coffee, but rather its great south american style food. This place is run by the same crew as The Corner house and The shop, so their coffee is amazing. You can also grab a quick soft shell breakfast taco on the go. Lets face it, Bondi has good coffee and we need to look out on the north and south end. Don't miss the outdoor seating area at the back for a little bit of sunshine too. Facebook link
4. BONDI JUNCTION, Toby's Estate - Stuck in Westfield Bondi Junction with an hour to do the supermarket shopping, a good coffee is in order. Top of the cafes in the whole centre is Toby’s Estate- Level 2 outside David Jones. Consistent in flavour, strength and temperature Toby’s always manages to satisfy. Even if you do have to wait in the queue it is well worth it!
5. RANDWICK JUNCTION, 18 Grams - Can be hard to pick up a decent coffee in Randwick Junction – the pick of the bunch is 18 Grams on Belmore Rd. Always a good quality coffee rich in flavour, and with the added bonus of the option to SMS them your order if you are in a rush. Let’s face it – who isn't in a rush in the East! Facebook link...
6. SURRY HILLS, The Reformatory Caffeine Lab - Serious about your coffee, get on down to in Foveaux St Surry Hills. Uncompromising flavor, professionalism and as the name seem a Laboratory dedicated to the art of coffee – Try it! Facebook link....
7. EDGECLIFF - French Press Organic Café – A hidden gem, if you are rushing into the city from the Eastern Suburbs the French Press is a great pit-stop for an organic delicious coffee. You can opt for their in-house coconut or almond milk which makes the experience very on trend! If you can, make sure you have an empty stomach too – their lunch specials are yum and great if you are gluten-free, dairy free or any other intolerance!! Facebook link
8. ALEXANDRIA, The Grounds - Not unknown, but we couldn't leave it off our list is the rustic Grounds of Alexandria. This place oozes passion for all things coffee. Constantly changing their blends every day to make your piccolo latte one to remember. This inner city sanctuary with its indoor and outdoor areas suits everyone; from mums with toddlers, to business meetings over lunch.
9. MAROUBRA, Mollys Fresh Food - quirky styling but a great coffee for the Maroubra beach area. Maroubra is a booming suburb in the east getting more hipsters and Yippies, merging with the old school Maroubra boys. This is just off the beach and has great snacks, top coffees and the orange interior gets your heart racing as much as the coffee.
So next time you are in the need for a cup of coffee made with love head to one of BuyEasts’ top coffee spots - you will probably find us there!! If you have any other suggestions for a great hidden coffee gem please advise us and we will be sure to try out and update.
If you think we have found you a great coffee, we can also assist you find a property in the Eastern Suburbs. Investments, homes and hidden gems we are the experts of the East and can create a customised, premium service to assist you.
Email us for more info, or to meet for a coffee! firstname.lastname@example.org